UnidosUS is searching for a detail-oriented Administrative Coordinator to work as an integral member of the Housing and Financial Empowerment team.
The Administrative Coordinator will support essential operations of all the programs in the Housing and Financial Empowerment component. As the volume of work in each of these four areas grows over the next few years, we are seeking a team member who will attend to the administrative functions that will make the work efficient and effective.
This entry-level position is ideal for a person beginning a career in nonprofit work, or someone hoping to apply administrative skills and background to a new team environment. This position is based in Phoenix, AZ, and the person in this role will be expected to work from UnidosUS’s downtown office. This position will be accountable to several managers, conducting work integral to the success of different teams.
A successful candidate in this position will bring experience in office administration, a positive attitude, and an excitement for being a part of a team that will be scaling its programs to support Latino families in housing and financial empowerment.
- Contribute to the efficiency of the department by organizing and processing the contracts in place with its many community partners.
- Deploy the department’s resources quickly and effectively by processing and organizing payments of all invoices for vendors and consultants and against all contracts with community partners.
- Support the managers’ analysis of the department’s work by regularly compiling information from different sources and populating them into reports used by managers and other organization leadership.
- Support UnidosUS’s Phoenix field office by maintaining inventories of supplies and materials and managing vendor relationships.
- Support specific projects of the department with different tasks, including processing mailings of materials and organizing documents for audits and compliance purposes.
- Compile a catalog of bugs and errors in our databases as they arise and are reported to us by our partners and take action to ensure that appropriate team members address them.
- Provide customer service to participants in our training program and users of our platforms through password resets and by addressing immediate concerns and problems.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Education, Community Development, or equivalent in education and experience.
- One (1) to two (2) years of previous office administration experience required.
Skills and Abilities
- Steadfast commitment to UnidosUS mission, vision, and values (Excellence, Accountability, Respeto).
- Commitment to U.S. Latino community, Latino nonprofit organizations, and the Latino market.
- Demonstrated experience working in nonprofits, community-based organizations, and diverse communities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple activities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of different teams.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Intermediate level expertise in Excel, Word, Teams/Zoom, and Office 365/SharePoint.
- Ability to pick up on concepts quickly and exercise appropriate judgement.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills a plus.