Education Program Manager
The UnidosUS Education component seeks an experienced and accomplished program manager with a deep affinity for the organization’s mission and commitment to support Latino youth through the college- and career-readiness process. The Education Program Manager will oversee partnerships between UnidosUS and national secondary (middle and high school) Affiliate sites implementing programs including Escalera: Steps to Success, Early Escalera: Pasos Adelante, Annual Youth Summits, and other secondary programs as needed.
The Education Program Manager position requires leadership, confidence and vision, thoughtful strategic planning, interpersonal communication, and curriculum and program development skills. In this role, the Education Program Manager specific work may be assigned and supervised by other staff members in the Education team. In addition, this person will collaborate and oversee the Early Escalera and Escalera programs with other managers. This person will report directly to the Director of Education Programs as such experience, and comfort with collaborating with multiple supervision is necessary. The position will be based in San Antonio, TX or Chicago, IL.
Program Development and Implementation
- Develop, plan, and deliver effective training sessions to assist Affiliates in launching and successfully implementing the Escalera programs at program sites.
- Lead online technical assistance and professional development through a learning management system.
- Provide guidance and technical assistance to program sites to strengthen program model, deliverables, and outcomes.
- Monitor program implementation and collect accountability reports from participating sites.
- Identify and coordinate strategic support to Affiliate partners in program development, data collection, program evaluation, and program expansion and replication.
- Develop and/or revise curriculum toolkits, materials, and modules geared at secondary school students.
- Arrange meeting logistics for all Escalera-related events.
- Plan and execute the Annual Escalera Youth Summit, to include selecting event location, developing event agenda, coordinating travel logistics for attendee and ensure the success of the summit.
- Establish and manage partnerships with institutions of higher education, college- and career-ready organizations, and STEM-focused partners.
Data Management and Evaluation
- Provide data collection support to Affiliates as they interact with UnidosUS data system, Fluxx.
- Prepare funder reports and assist with grant proposals.
- Work with UnidosUS staff, program Affiliates, and evaluators to conduct a formal program evaluation of education program.
Public Information and Communication
- Prepare written internal and external reports, updates, materials, and other necessary communications.
- Work with the UnidosUS’s Communications and Marketing team to create and manage information on the UnidosUS website and social media outlets.
- Support dissemination of program information, announcements, materials, and tools.
- Provide support in resource development and funding activities, including the preparation of proposals.
- Bachelor’s degree required in education, communications, or a related field required.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in education programs, preferably in a school setting.
- Robust understanding of the Latino community and commitment to social justice.
- Experience with curriculum and program development required.
- Experience with cloud-based collaborative learning systems such as Blackboard or Canvas preferred.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, more specifically Office 365, communication software, and use of the Internet.
- Steadfast commitment to UnidosUS mission, vision, and values (Excellence, Respeto, Accountability).
- Commitment to U.S. Latino community, Latino non-profit organizations, and the Latino market.
- Demonstrated experience working in non-profits, community-based organizations, and diverse communities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive in a complex environment with multiple priorities, deadlines, working both independently and as part of a team.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse constituencies and in a variety of situations.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills and attention to detail; organized, and a quick learner.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and ability to present UnidosUS effectively in various settings.
- Ability to self-start as well as communicate effectively across multiple teams and with multiple staff members in various geographical locations.
- Well-developed writing skills and ability to synthesize information from different sources and present it in a variety of written formats and styles for various audiences (e.g., activity and progress reports, manuals, articles, data analyses, and fact sheets).
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends when necessary.
- Ability to travel up to 25% to 35% of the time post-pandemic.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Please note: Only those applicants who submit a cover letter, résumé, and writing sample will be considered for this opportunity.
SEND COVER LETTER, RÉSUMÉ, AND WRITING SAMPLE TO:
Subject Line: Education Program Manager
Attn: Director, Education Programs
No phone calls please!
Employment with UnidosUS is contingent upon successful completion of a background screen.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, personal appearance, family responsibilities, political affiliation, or enrollment in a college, university, technical school, or adult education.