Education Program Manager
UnidosUS Education Program Manager is housed under the Education component to support the organization’s mission and commitment to Latino youth through the post-secondary process. The Education Program Manager will oversee partnerships between UnidosUS and national Affiliate sites and higher education partners implementing the Avanzando Through College program and other post-secondary programs as needed.
The Education Program Manager position requires leadership, confidence, and vision, thoughtful strategic planning, interpersonal communication, and curriculum and program development skills. In this role, the Education Program Manager specific work may be assigned and supervised by other staff members in the Education team. In addition, this person will collaborate and oversee the Avanzando Through College programs. This person will report directly to the Director of Education Programs as such experience, and comfort with collaborating with multiple supervision is necessary. This position will be based in San Antonio, TX; Los Angeles, CA; or Washington, DC.
Program Development and Implementation
- Develop and/or revise curriculum tool kits, materials, and training modules geared at secondary school students.
- Develop, plan, and deliver effective training sessions to assist Affiliates in launching and successfully implementing the Avanzando Through College program at program sites.
- Lead online technical assistance and professional development through a learning management system.
- Provide guidance and technical assistance to program sites to strengthen program model, deliverables, and outcomes.
- Monitor program implementation and collect accountability reports from participating sites.
- Identify and coordinate strategic support to Affiliate partners in program development, data collection, program evaluation, and program expansion and replication.
- Arrange meeting logistics for all Avanzando Through College related events.
- Establish and manage partnerships with institutions of higher learning and college partners.
Data Management and Evaluation
- Provide data collection support to Affiliates as they interact with UnidosUS’s data system, Fluxx.
- Prepare funder reports and assist with grant proposals.
- Work with UnidosUS staff, program Affiliates, and evaluators to conduct a formal program evaluation of education program.
Public Information and Communication
- Prepare written internal and external reports, updates, materials, and other necessary communications.
- Work with the UnidosUS’s Communications and Marketing team to create and manage information on the UnidosUS website and social media outlets.
- Support dissemination of program information, announcements, materials, and tools.
- Provide support in resource development and funding activities, including the preparation of proposals.
- Bachelor’s degree required in education, social work, sociology, psychology, or a related field required.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of relevant experience in education programs, preferably in a college/university setting.
- Robust understanding of the Latino community and commitment to social justice.
- Experience with curriculum and program development required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of local and regional college- and career-preparedness and college-transition and completion issues, particularly from a first-generation, Latino perspective.
- Demonstrated ability to engage a range of partners and support networks, higher education partners, community-based/nonprofits, institutions of higher education, and the corporate community.
- Experience with cloud-based collaborative learning systems such as Blackboard or Canvas preferred.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite more specifically, Office 365.
- Steadfast commitment to UnidosUS mission, vision, and values (Excellence, Accountability, Respeto).
- Commitment to the U.S. Latino community, Latino non-profit organizations, and the Latino market.
- Demonstrated experience working in non-profits, community-based organizations, and diverse communities.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive in a complex environment with multiple priorities, deadlines, working both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse constituencies and in a variety of situations.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills and attention to detail; organized, and a quick learner.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and ability to present UnidosUS effectively in various settings.
- Ability to self-start as well as communicate effectively across multiple teams and with multiple staff members in various geographical locations.
- Well-developed writing skills and ability to synthesize information from different sources and present it in a variety of written formats and styles for various audiences (e.g., activity and progress reports, manuals, articles, data analyses, and fact sheets).
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends when necessary.
- Ability to travel up to 25% to 35% of the time post-pandemic.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Please note: Only those applicants who submit a cover letter, résumé, and writing sample will be considered for this opportunity.
SEND COVER LETTER, RÉSUMÉ, AND WRITING SAMPLE TO:
Subject Line: Education Program Manager
Attn: Director, Education Programs
No phone calls please!
Employment with UnidosUS is contingent upon successful completion of a background screen.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, personal appearance, family responsibilities, political affiliation, or enrollment in a college, university, technical school, or adult education.