UnidosUS is seeking an Evaluation Director who will work with Education, Workforce Development, and Health program directors to develop and implement internal systems for evaluation across components. This person will create data-driven reports that integrate impact evaluation and illuminate key findings to power communications and improve organizational learning and program design. In this role, the Evaluation Director will partner with component leaders in evaluation implementation and offer thoughtful opportunities for UnidosUS to engage with evaluation strategy. The Evaluation Director will report to the Vice President of Education, Workforce Development, and Evaluation. The position will be based in Los Angeles, CA, Chicago, IL, San Antonio, TX, or Washington, DC.
- Develop and implement internal systems for evaluation across Education, Workforce Development, and Health program areas.
- Design evaluation questions and data collection tools that can be implemented by UnidosUS program staff.
- Research evaluation trends that align with major UnidosUS areas.
- Develop, strengthen, and maintain evaluation partnerships with external evaluators and research institutions.
- Serve as a change agent to cultivate a culture of evaluation and learning.
- Work with Education, Workforce Development, and Health program directors to develop an inventory of the various evaluators currently in use at UnidosUS for centralizing information.
- Partner with component leaders to ensure that analytics and program data is collected accurately, routinely, and updated by program managers, program coordinators, and others as necessary.
- Provide training and technical assistance for Education, Workforce Development, and Health program managers and staff on systems for evaluation guidelines and support implementation of these guidelines.
- Serve as a thought leader in research and evaluation and developing relationships with leaders in the field.
- Present evaluation updates to UnidosUS staff and board as needed.
- Master’s degree in related field required.
- Twelve (12) to sixteen (16) years of relevant experience with progressive data management and evaluation responsibilities.
- A minimum of five (5) years supervisory experience required.
- Minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of progressive experience working in database administration, data management, research, and evaluation in the nonprofit sector.
- Minimum five (5) to seven (7) years of in-depth experience conducting evaluations to include data collection, data analysis, report writing, survey design, and evaluation management required.
- Minimum five (5) to seven (7) years of prior experience creating evaluation and research plans, including developing indicators and metrics for success, across a variety of disciplines.
- Minimum five (5) to seven (7) years of experience developing and maintaining data management systems required.
- Demonstrated success in designing data collection tools and conducting data collection activities (e.g., surveys, reports, focus groups, etc.).
- Experience working with underserved populations and strong cultural competence a plus.
- Extensive experience successfully designing and carrying out quantitative and qualitative research and evaluation processes.
- Robust understanding of statistical principles and methods for data analysis
- Experience training and supporting staff and community partners, that are unfamiliar with research and evaluations, to collect, manage, and analyze data.
- Steadfast commitment to UnidosUs mission, vision, and values (Excellence, Accountability and Respeto).
- Commitment to S. Latino community, Latino non-profit organizations, and the Latino market.
- Demonstrated experience working in non-profits, community-based organizations, and diverse communities.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and
- Commitment to excellence and high
- Ability to analyze information, summarize findings and present them in ways easily understandable to decision-makers.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, more specifically Office 365, statistical software, and data sources.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive in a complex environment with multiple priorities and tight deadlines, working both independently and as part of a team.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills a plus.
Please note: Only those applicants who submit a cover letter, résumé, and writing sample will be considered for this opportunity.
SEND COVER LETTER, RÉSUMÉ, AND WRITING SAMPLE TO:
Subject Line: Evaluation Director
Attn: Vice President, Education, Workforce Development, and Evaluation
No phone calls please!
Employment with UnidosUS is contingent upon successful completion of a background screen.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, personal appearance, family responsibilities, political affiliation, or enrollment in a college, university, technical school, or adult education.