The Foundation Coordinator will provide development support for policy and advocacy professionals working on a wide variety of issue areas and projects, and will coordinate with other components at UnidosUS to ensure that our foundation-related efforts and relationships are aligned.
This person will provide grant research, writing, reporting, and regular communication with funders. The Coordinator will also support alignment of institutional fundraising efforts with the Resource Development team. Success in this role requires a wide variety of knowledge, including adaptability, attention to detail, the ability to work collaboratively, and excellent writing skills.
UnidosUS offers a collaborative, team-based environment that fosters a culture of ideas and debate. We approach our work from multiple perspectives and methods, understanding both the specific issues and the larger interrelated systems. We work closely with others across the organization with expertise in programmatic work, community-based organizations, communications, and marketing, , media relations, fundraising, and special events.
This person will report directly to the Deputy Vice President of Policy and Development and position will be based in Washington, DC.
- Conduct the full range of activities required to prepare and submit grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources (i.e., research, gathering information from staff, grant writing, and tracking grant status).
- Work with managers to research grant programs and potential areas for expanding current fundraising strategies.
- Work with project managers and staff to complete funder reporting requirements for grants.
- Participate in Resource Development planning and project meetings, as needed, to share information and ensure Policy & Advocacy efforts are aligned and integrated in institutional fundraising strategy and goals.
- Provide current donors with regular communication and updates on policy and advocacy work.
- Schedule meetings for the Vice President and senior managers with foundation and corporate program officers and other prospects.
- Provide input in the development of all general component materials and information for distribution to funders.
- Maintain current records in database, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Assist with other fundraising projects, as requested, and communicate across components to share funding developments and opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required.
- A minimum of two (2) to four (4) years of relevant experience with non-profit fundraising, grant and report writing, and funder relationship management.
- Minimum of two (2) to four (4) years of grant writing experience required.
- In-depth experience of tracking grant awards.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite more specifically, Office 365, (Excel, Microsoft Teams, PowerPoint, and SharePoint).
- Prior experience with fundraising or donor management software such as Blackbaud NXT.
- Steadfast commitment to UnidosUS mission, vision, and values of Excellence, Accountability, and Respeto.
- Commitment to U.S. Latino community, Latino non-profit organizations, and the Latino market.
- Demonstrated experience working in non-profits, community-based organizations, and diverse communities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and goals, prioritize among assignments, problem solve, and persist toward meeting goals.
- Excellent customer service and relationship-building skills (internal and external) and a professional attitude in representing UnidosUS to different audiences.
- Highly organized, with the ability to interface regularly with colleagues, foundation, corporate, and other partners.
- Ability to synthesize information from different sources quickly and efficiently.
- Strategic thinker with problem-solving skills.
- Commitment to collaborating and working across teams to advance common goals.
- Ability to work in deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills preferred.