Grants Manager, Health
UnidosUS is seeking a Grants Manager, Health who will be responsible for the overall contractual management of sub-awards of the recently awarded CDC Cooperative Agreement “Education and Awareness Campaign to Promote Vaccination Coverage Among Latinos.” This includes financial management, oversight, and compliance of 30 plus sub-recipients, including community-based organizations and federally qualified health centers, across UnidosUS’s Affiliate Network. The Grants Manager will serve as a subject-matter-expert in the area of standard provision and policies and procedures governing government contracts, awards, sub-agreements, and contracts. Success in this role requires experience in grant management and compliance with demonstrated understanding of federal grants and its financial requirements including those of the CDC, National Institutes of Health (NIH), and Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), among others.
The Grants Manager will report to the Senior Director, Health, and work closely with the Senior Strategist for Public Health Preparedness and Response (Project Co-Director). The Grants Manager will collaborate across various functions of the organization to ensure the timely and accurate grant management and financial reporting including monitoring all 30 plus subgrantees. Success in this role will require the Grants Manager to lead day-to-day grant and contract administration process, as well as review, enhance and oversee subrecipient monitoring processes and procedures. This position will be based in Washington, DC.
- Serve as subject matter expert and point of contact for all compliance matters on governmental funding under the Health component with a focus on the CDC Cooperative Agreement.
- Collaborate closely with the co-directors of the CDC Cooperative Agreement and Finance component to ensure effective fiscal management across 30 plus subawards.
- Analyze contract requirements, special provisions, terms, and conditions to ensure compliance with federal regulations and policies, funding restrictions and limitations, reporting requirements, and other appropriate laws, regulations, as well as UnidosUS policies and procedures.
- Prepare and process contractual documents for approval including sub-awards, memorandums of understanding, procurement, and waivers.
- Review and ensure completeness of due diligence and related required documentation from sub-grantees including risk assessments and mitigation plans.
- Partner with finance team to review and support accurate and timely invoice processing of all sub-grantees, including but not limited to payments, prior approval requests, reporting, and closeout.
- Provide exceptional, timely customer service in all dealings with internal and external partners and Affiliates.
- Identify technical assistance needs for the sub-grantees related to compliance, and conduct trainings to local community-based organization sub-grantees.
- Work and collaborate with the Senior Director, Health, and other key stakeholders in designing a strategy to strengthen sub-grantee’s capacity. Implement this strategy and revise as needed throughout the period of performance.
- Provide support optimizing the grant management process, strengthening internal capacity, and coordinating implementation in collaboration with the Health team.
- Apply best practices in knowledge management to seed effective practices across the UnidosUS Affiliate Network and improve outcomes across.
- Support the co-directors and Senior Director, Health on other activities as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, business, health-related, or social sciences from an accredited college or university required. Master’s degree
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of relevant experience, including financial and direct grant management experience required.
- Certification in contracts management or procurement management desirable.
- Five (5) years of relevant experience negotiating complex contract terms, conditioning, pricing, and scope.
- Strong understanding of nonprofit financial reporting practices experience and tracking budgets strongly preferred.
- Experience working for a nonprofit organization preferred.
- Demonstrated success in contractual and financial management and strong understanding of contracts and cooperative agreements including experience with CDC and other federal agencies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Uniform Guidance code.
- In-depth project management expertise, including potential system automation and integration work preferred.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite more specifically, Office 365, financial software applications and reporting packages.
- Relevant experience in developing policies, procedures, and systems relative to finance and accounting practices.
- Steadfast commitment to UnidosUS mission, vision, and values (Excellence, Accountability, Respeto).
- Commitment to U.S. Latino community, Latino non-profit organizations, and the Latino market.
- Demonstrated experience working in non-profits, community-based organizations, and diverse communities.
- Demonstrated high-level skills in planning, organizing, and managing multiple responsibilities.
- Strong ability to work independently and in a fast-paced complex team environment with multiple projects and tasks, short deadlines, competing deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and acute attention to detail.
- Strong collaborative team working experience; able to function both independently and as a team player.
- Strong ability to function effectively under pressure and communicate clearly and effectively about workload and priorities.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills a plus.
Please note: Only those applicants who submit a cover letter, résumé, and writing sample will be considered for this opportunity.
SEND COVER LETTER, RÉSUMÉ, AND WRITING SAMPLE TO:
Subject Line: Grants Manager, Health
Attn: Senior Director, Health
No phone calls please!
Employment with UnidosUS is contingent upon successful completion of a background screen.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, personal appearance, family responsibilities, political affiliation, or enrollment in a college, university, technical school, or adult education.