UnidosUS is seeking a Health Analyst I will primarily be responsible for supporting the data collection, analysis and reporting for the recently awarded Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Cooperative Agreement “Education and Awareness Campaign to Promote Vaccination Coverage Among Latinos.”
This five-year cooperative agreement includes monthly entry, tracking, analyzing, and reporting data from thirty-three community-based organizations and federally qualified community health centers sub-recipients, across UnidosUS’s Affiliate Network.
The Health Analyst I reports to the Senior Strategist for Public Health Response and will work closely with the project co-directors, Data and Impact Manager and other Health team staff to ensure data from subrecipients is analyzed, stored, and leveraged for decision making. This role will provide technical assistance to subrecipients to ensure that monthly subrecipient reports meet data quality standards set by both CDC and UnidosUS. In this role, the Health Analyst I will work with the Data and Impact Manager to support CDC project data collection, management, synthesis, and reporting processes.
This is a professional position that requires working within a large, multi-component team and managing fast-paced schedules with professionalism, maturity, poise, and confidence. This position will be based in Washington, DC.
- Support the Health team in tracking and analyzing key metrics for the CDC Esperanza Hope for All Vaccine Program and other health programs, as appropriate.
- Support the CDC Vaccine Project team on identifying, measuring, and tracking variables that impact the project outcomes.
- Use qualitative and quantitative methods to measure the impact of program activities carried out by subrecipients.
- Track and report on dissemination metrics and results and make adjustments, and improvements to dissemination based on results.
- Lead monthly data entry and tracking processes, including receiving and reviewing reports, assessing quality, and ingesting data.
- Identify areas of need for revision, follow-up, and technical assistance for subrecipient reports, as needed.
- Provide analysis to support the team in decision making.
- Maintain clear and comprehensive documentation of the CDC project metrics.
- Supports performance improvement to meet deadlines and expected deliverables.
- Provides ad-hoc analyses to support Health component initiatives or programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in health related or social sciences from an accredited college or university required, ideally in analytical major.
- Minimum of two (2) plus years of relevant work experience in an analytical role with both structured and unstructured data.
- Familiarity with statistical and survey building software, including SAS, SPSS, Qualtrics, STATA, and R programs.
- Familiarity with analytics best practice to be able to make recommendations on how to improve data processes.
- Ability to create suitable data visualizations for program decisions making.
- Steadfast commitment to UnidosUS mission, vision, and values of Excellence, Accountability, Respeto.
- Commitment to U.S. Latino community, Latino non-profit organizations, and the Latino market.
- Demonstrated experience working in non-profits, community-based organizations, and diverse communities.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite more specifically, Office 365.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills a plus.