Immigration Integration Senior Program Specialist
The Immigrant Integration Senior Program Specialist is a valued member of the team, with responsibility across the tasks, partnerships, and deliverables associated with the immigrant integration team’s projects. The immigrant integration team is focused on building and sustaining capacity in immigration legal services and supporting pilot programs to eliminate barriers that hinder immigrants from reaching their full potential. The team works with UnidosUS Affiliates (grassroots organizations at the local level) and partners to establish and grow immigration legal services programs and innovative programs and supports for adult English Language Learners. One key responsibility includes serving as a connector for peer-to-peer learning. Success in this collaborative role requires a well-organized advocate for community-based organizations working with immigrants. The Immigrant Integration Senior Program Specialist will report to the Associate Director, Immigration Integration, and this position will be based in Washington, DC.
Capacity-Building for Immigration Legal Services Programs
- Create and disseminate templates and content for communications with Affiliates, including information on trainings, practice advisories, and updates on immigration policy.
- Provide technical assistance to Affiliates and partners, including facilitating online trainings and peer-to-peer exchanges.
- Report on the outcomes from immigrant integration programs, gathering quarterly and/or final reports from Affiliates, as well as developing and maintaining a repository for the information.
- Work with team members in support of citizenship campaign activities.
- Stay current on immigration policy, particularly related to DACA, TPS, other relief for undocumented immigrants, and naturalization.
- Participate in meetings and conferences relevant to immigration legal services.
Coordination of Programs to Achieve Successful Integration of Immigrants
- Coordinate with colleagues to develop and advocate for new programming that supports immigrant adults and their families, including English language acquisition, digital literacy, and essential integration topics (e.g., financial services, health care, education).
- Identify effective community-based programs that support immigrant families, create an internal repository of resources describing programs and trends related to immigrant adults, and monitor news and reports regarding immigration initiatives.
- Monitor and stay current on relevant policy developments, e.g., adult education, broadband access, and integration-related immigration policies.
- Participate in relevant conferences and meetings related to immigrant integration.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of relevant experience working in immigrant integration, immigration legal services, and/or adult ESOL programs required.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to plan and implement programs.
- In-depth familiarity and commitment to nonprofit organizations, especially immigration legal service providers and/or ESOL programs.
- Steadfast commitment to UnidosUS mission, vision, and values
(Excellence, Accountability, Respeto).
- Commitment to U.S. Latino community, Latino non-profit organizations, and the Latino market.
- Demonstrated experience working in non-profits, community-based organizations, and diverse communities.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Capable of handling multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
- Maintaining a positive attitude in the face of adversity, including in hearing about challenges organizations face in assisting their clients and bureaucratic barriers.
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills with the ability to synthesize different views and guide multiple participants towards consensus decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to engage a range of partners and support networks.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Office 365.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills a plus.
Please note: Only those applicants who submit a cover letter, résumé, and writing sample will be considered for this opportunity.
SEND COVER LETTER, RÉSUMÉ, AND WRITING SAMPLE TO:
Subject Line: Immigrant Integration Senior Program Specialist
Attn: Associate Director, Immigrant Integration
No phone calls please!
Employment with UnidosUS is contingent upon successful completion of a background screen.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, personal appearance, family responsibilities, political affiliation, or enrollment in a college, university, technical school, or adult education.