The Brand and Design Manager is responsible for representing the organization with internal and external relationships within the Marketing & Communications (Marcomm) function.
Responsibilities include planning and executing key creative marketing projects against deadlines while working with leadership, freelancers, and vendors. Success in this role requires managing the Brand and Design team Marcomm projects to fulfill requisitions that expertly align deliverables with project goals.
This role is a hybrid working from our Washington, D.C. headquarters.
Location: Washington, DC
Salary: $77,647 – $94,460
- Work with the Director to manage the team’s daily tasks and scheduling.
- Represent the organization with internal and external relationships to set and deliver against project deadlines, including working with leadership, freelancers, and vendors.
- Work with Human Resources to manage the production of business cards for the organization.
- Assist with the production of various stationery (various sizes of envelopes and folders).
- As a doer and thinker, manage Brand and Design team Marcomm projects to fulfill requisitions that expertly align deliverables with project goals.
- Oversee the full lifecycle of production and design of print materials, meeting tight deadlines.
- Cultivate relationships with new and current trusted UnidosUS printers (Union, Non-Union, and Latino owned).
- Develop reports, infographics, social media graphics, presentations, templates, etc. with an understanding of diverse end-user needs.
- Plan and execute key creative marketing projects, in collaboration with the internal graphic design team, to support marketing efforts.
- Provide expert support including collateral development, content creation, animation, and other digital-based skillsets) for various organizational efforts.
- Develop content calendar and collateral to focus the team on common marketing messages.
- Oversee the management of two (2) publications (Issuu and UnidosUS Publication Library) and one (1) photo library (SmugMug).
- Create and manage archive and data backup.
- Create and manage a nomenclature system.
- Assist with posting and removing UnidosUS’s job postings both internal and external.
- Anticipates needs and works on the development of projects based on prior experience if the content is readily available.
- Enthusiastically participate in Brand and Design team members’ work from an aesthetic and editorial view to make sure brand standards are kept.
- Manage Design and Brand teams’ project queue for all Marcomm staff to review.
- Build and maintain intercompany relations with coworkers.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, communications, advertising, graphic design, or relevant field
- Six (6) to eight (8) years of relevant experience in marketing, communications, advertising, creative services, or customer insights required.
- Expert proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Experience with web design (WordPress).
- Experience in UI and UX design a plus.
Skills & Abilities
- Steadfast commitment to UnidosUS mission, vision, and values (Excellence, Accountability, and Respeto).
- Familiarity and commitment with the U.S. Latino community, Latino nonprofit organizations, and the Latino market are a plus.
- At a minimum, intermediate-level expertise in MS 365 Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive).
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Acute attention to detail required.
- May be required to work evenings or weekends as needed.
- Bilingual (Spanish English) skills are a plus.
- Must be willing to travel to in-person events as needed.