The Digital Services Manager is responsible for overseeing projects aimed at building capacity of Affiliate organizations to integrate and utilize technology and digital tools to increase their impact.
Success in this role is demonstrated by developing new opportunities for Affiliates to scale their organizational capacities around digital services; and requires the ability to train organizations to adopt, adapt and optimize the use of technology and digital tools. This position reports to Principal, Digital Services and is hybrid, based out of Washington, DC.
Program Management – Digital Innovation Program
- Oversee and coordinate implementation of the Digital Innovation program funded by Comcast, including management of partnerships with 20 Affiliate organizations (review of application and workplans, execution of grant agreements, and collection of quarterly reports).
- In collaboration with colleagues in programs and consultants, identify training opportunities and coordinate technical assistance and evaluation activities in Digital Innovation program.
- Manage the reporting and data collection efforts for the Digital Innovation program, to ensure that program deliverables are met in a timely and accurate manner, and that program goals are advanced.
- Assist Leadership manage funder relations and Affiliate expectations by implementing effective communication activities.
- Advance the digital innovation and digital equity initiatives as part of UnidosUS priority to scale programs for impact.
Affiliate Training and Technical Assistance
- In collaboration with Affiliate Engagement (AE), identify tools to evaluate technology capacity of the Affiliate Network.
- In collaboration with AE, assess the needs and best practices demonstrated by Affiliates related to use of technology and digital tools.
- In collaboration with colleagues in program and AE, develop new capacity building opportunities to scale the digital capacity of Affiliates, aligned with UnidosUS strategic impact goals (for example, curriculum implementation, trainings events, peer exchanges).
- Lead effort to establish a “community of practice” for Affiliate staff to develop technology and digital capacities of their organizations.
- Help develop approach that encourages engagement from Affiliates having varying levels of digital sophistication.
- Ensure this work is closely aligned and advances the UnidosUS organizational priorities (narrative, scaling, and leadership development).
- Engage with Digital Services team to align capacity building efforts and cross component analytics
- Collaborate with AE team to develop engagement strategies and incorporate technology capacity building through Affiliate events.
- Help identify areas for potential new funding.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of relevant experience, including training and capacity-building, program management, and performance evaluation or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Office 365, Adobe Acrobat, Concur, Fluxx, Blackboard, Zoom, and/or other data management systems like Salesforce.
- Must have experience generating reports/charts/dashboards presenting data to program/business audiences.
- Experience with tools and techniques for managing/analyzing data to drive decision making and planning is a big plus.
- Experience working with structured and unstructured data a plus.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, as well as follow-through.
- High degree of discretion and sensitivity to confidential matters and information.
- Must be able to work independently, under pressure on multiple assignments, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment.
Skills & Abilities
- Steadfast commitment to UnidosUS mission, vision, and values of Excellence, Accountability, Respeto.
- Commitment to U.S. Latino community, Latino nonprofit organizations, and the Latino market.
- Demonstrated experience working in nonprofits, community-based organizations, and diverse communities.
- Ability to organize a daily workload by priorities.
- Service-oriented and detail-oriented abilities.
- Good judgment, flexibility, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite more specifically, Office 365.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills a plus.