The UnidosUS Education team seeks a Program Manager with a deep affinity for the organization’s mission and commitment to supporting Latino youth through the college-going process.
The Education Leadership Program Manager supports leadership development programs and builds relationships with key stakeholders, including UnidosUS Affiliates and external partner organizations focusing on equity in education. The Education Leadership Program Manager connects UnidosUS Affiliates and other partners to organizational policy and program initiatives, to increase the impact and visibility of this work.
The Education Leadership Program Manager will provide support to the Director, of Education Programs on leadership development and community engagement programs. These programs build an understanding of education policy and advocacy in groups of diverse stakeholders, including experienced education professionals, parents (particularly Spanish-speaking families), and college students. This position is remote and based out of San Antonio, Texas.
- Design content for training to respond to current needs and best practices in education leadership and advocacy.
- Deliver training on-site and remotely (online learning).
- Lead operations/logistics for training, and maintain ongoing communication with participants, including technical assistance.
- Manage relationships with UnidosUS leadership development fellowship programs, Affiliates, and other critical stakeholder groups involved in education equity.
- Coordinate project-related activities, including convenings, training modules, and alumni events for UnidosUS Affiliates and national partners.
- Create scope and sequence and curricular materials to support leadership development.
- B.A./B.S. degree in Education, Communications, or a related field from an accredited College or University is required.
- Minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of relevant experience in an education-related setting.
- Robust understanding of the Latino community, commitment to social justice, and the UnidosUS mission.
- Experience with curriculum and program development.
- Excellent written skills and the ability to produce work products suitable for a wide array of audiences.
- Ability to read and synthesize policy analysis and advocacy materials quickly and summarize key ideas or talking points for diverse audiences.
- Strong presentation/training skills, including digital platforms.
- Strong cross-cultural communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive in a complex environment with multiple priorities, and deadlines, working both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse constituencies and in a variety of situations.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills and attention to detail; organized, and a quick learner.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and ability to present UnidosUS effectively in various settings.
- Ability to self-start as well as communicate effectively across multiple teams and with multiple staff members in various geographical locations.
- Familiarity with the U.S. Hispanic community, Hispanic nonprofit organizations, and the Hispanic market and consumers a plus.
- Bilingual and able to read, write and speak Spanish proficiently is preferred.