UnidosUS Health Programs seeks an experience and accomplished Program Manager, Health (CDC) with a deep affinity for the organization’s mission and commitment to support the health and well-being of Latinos. The manager is a member of the Health team and the Esperanza Hope for All Vaccine Program team focused on increasing adult COVID-19 and flu vaccination opportunities within Latino populations in the United States and Puerto Rico.
The position is responsible for managing and leading the coordination of program implementation activities; providing guidance and data collection support to CDC-funded Affiliates to strengthen program deliverables and desired outcomes; complying with memoranda of understandings (MOUs)/contracts; and monitoring, preparing, and submitting program and funder (CDC) reports that indicate progress and impact with guidance from co-program directors. Success in this position requires leadership, confidence and vision, thoughtful strategic planning, interpersonal communication, and skill to implement population health strategies to solidify the footprint, impact and reach of the CDC-funded programs’ activities.
This position reports directly to the Senior Strategist, Public Health Preparedness and Response and collaborates with the Senior Health Communications Manager (program co-directors) and works closely with the grants manager project specialists, and cross-component teams to ensure implementation of program activities, grantee reporting, and deliverables are performed in a timely manner. This position will be based in Washington, DC.
Program Development and Implementation
- In collaboration with senior leadership, support the program management and administration of the CDC-Esperanza Hope for All Vaccine program.
- Serve as the primary liaison and principal point of contact with support from the two CDC Program Specialists with the UnidosUS affiliates funded for the CDC Esperanza Hope for All Vaccine Program and monitor UnidosUS and CDC deliverables.
- Identify and coordinate strategic support to Affiliate partners (e.g., community-based organizations and federally qualified health centers) in program development, data collection, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Provide guidance and technical assistance related to addressing barriers to increasing vaccination efforts to program sites and foster relationships with key contacts.
- Identify areas to strengthen program components and work with Affiliates and other partners to develop and implement targeted solutions.
- Develop, plan, and deliver technical assistance and training sessions to assist UnidosUS Affiliates and subgrantees in launching and successfully implementing health programs and initiatives in local communities.
- Ensure deliverables are met; milestones and timeline are adhered to; finances are monitored; and programs comply with good practice and UnidosUS terms and conditions.
- Work in partnership with UnidosUS staff, Affiliates, and other collaborative partners to identify and design best practices and approaches to strengthen vaccine programmatic efforts.
Program Planning and Administration
- Responsible for budget tracking, monitoring, and reporting with assistance from senior team members.
- Establish and manage partnerships with multiple internal and external entities, and teams, to improve health equity and advance health outcomes and impact.
- Provide direct support and/or backstops the development and updating of contracts with subgrantees and consultants, administering requests for payments, logistical coordination of project-related activities and events, and maintaining relevant project-related files.
- Monitor, draft, and submit program/projects funder reports that indicate progress and impact with guidance from program director.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to project coordinators, administrative assistants, interns, and/or technical consultants.
Data Management and Evaluation
- Monitor program implementation and ensure the collection of accountability and evaluation reports from participating CDC-funded Affiliates.
- Collaborate with the Health Data and Impact Manager and Health Analyst I to ensure monthly CDC performance reports deliverables are met.
- Support the overall data and fiscal management of Health programs and/or initiatives, as assigned.
- Contribute to the collection of lessons learned within both the work with Affiliates and the Health component, including data capture, analysis, interpretation, and application for other programs within the Health component.
- Support senior leadership with process and systems improvement as it relates to program oversight and grant management.
Public Information and Communications
- Prepare written internal and external reports, updates, materials, and other necessary communications on relevant public health information.
- Co-Developer and co-executor of public health education and promotion of COVID-19 and flu-related communications materials that are culturally relevant and linguistically appropriate.
- Support dissemination of evidence-based and culturally relevant programs information, stories, promising practices, announcements, digital materials, and tools.
- Work with the UnidosUS Marketing and Communications and Information Technology support staff to help create and manage information on the UnidosUS website and social media outlets.
- Represent UnidosUS and the Health team in professional settings and via media opportunities.
- Communicate and collaborate with UnidosUS staff and relevant staff in headquarters and field offices.
- Perform other relevant duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in Public Health preferred or at least five to seven years of equivalent work experience will be considered in lieu of MPH.
- At least five (5) years of relevant progressive experience in health or social services preferred.
- Expertise and practical experience with program development, implementation, and management of public health programs at the community, state, and/or federal level.
- Experience working with relevant sectors, including community-based/nonprofits, research institutions, federal/state agencies, community health centers, and the corporate sector.
- Demonstrated experience in local, state, and/or national public and population health and health care delivery systems and policies, particularly with Latino and other multicultural health perspectives.
Skills and Abilities
- Steadfast commitment to UnidosUS mission, vision, and values of Excellence, Accountability, Respeto.
- Commitment to U.S. Latino community, Latino nonprofit organizations, and the Latino market.
- Demonstrated initiative and management of multiple projects.
- Strong oral communication, writing and reading skills in English and demonstrated ability to make clear and effective presentations.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong ability to develop work plans, set deadlines, work with minimal supervision, manage multiple projects and duties simultaneously, and prioritize among assignments.
- Demonstrated experience with financial/budget management of public health programs.
- Experience with proposal development, continuation funding applications, and annual performance reports.
- Ability to work as a team member and team leader and function effectively under pressure.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills and attention to detail; organized, and a quick learner.
- Flexible regarding scheduled work hours and assignments, including ability to travel as necessary.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite more specifically, Office 365, and communication software
- Acute attention to detail.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills a plus.