Senior Program Manager, Health
UnidosUS, previously known as NCLR (National Council of La Raza), is the nation’s largest Hispanic civil rights and advocacy organization. Through its unique combination of expert research, advocacy, programs, and an Affiliate Network of nearly 300 community-based organizations across the United States and Puerto Rico, UnidosUS simultaneously challenges the social, economic, and political barriers that affect Latinos at the national and local levels. For more than 50 years, UnidosUS has united communities and different groups seeking common ground through collaboration, and that share a desire to make our community stronger. For more information on UnidosUS, visit www.unidosus.org or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
The Senior Program Manager is a member of the Health team and is responsible for the management and fiscal oversight of technical projects related to food insecurity, hunger, and health equity (i.e., conceptualizing and implementing public and population health strategies with key targeted communities, and providing technical and management support to Health programs and administrative staff). Success in this position requires leadership, confidence and vision, thoughtful strategic planning, interpersonal communication, and skill in curriculum and program development and management. This position reports directly to the Director of Health Programs and collaborates with the Senior Program Manager, Health and works closely across the Health component. This position will be based in Florida, Texas, or Washington, DC.
Program Development and Implementation
- Develop health education and promotion curriculum tool kits, materials, and training modules that are culturally relevant and linguistically appropriate.
- Develop, plan, and deliver effective training sessions to assist UnidosUS Affiliates and subgrantees in launching and successfully implementing health programs and initiatives in local communities.
- Identify and coordinate strategic support to Affiliate partners in program development, data collection, monitoring and evaluation, and program expansion and replication.
- Provide guidance and technical assistance related to addressing food insecurity, health equity, and health promotion to program sites and foster relationships with key contacts.
- Identify areas to strengthen program components and works with Affiliates and other partners to develop and implement targeted solutions.
- Ensure deliverables are met; milestones and timeline are adhered; finances are monitored; programs comply with good practice and UnidosUS terms and conditions.
- Identify opportunities to expand programs and initiatives with diverse funders and partners through proposal development led by the Senior Program Manager, Health, directors, and leadership.
- Work in partnership with UnidosUS staff, Affiliates, and other collaborative partners to identify and design best practices and approaches to strengthen Health programmatic efforts.
Program Planning and Administration
- Responsible for budget tracking, monitoring, and reporting with assistance from senior team members.
- Establish and manage partnerships with multiple internal and external entities, and teams, to improve health equity and advance health outcomes and impact.
- Design and spread national, state, and regional initiatives that increase the capacity of community-based organizations in implementing public health programs for diverse populations.
- Provide direct support and/or backstops the development and updating of contracts with sub grantees and consultants, administering requests for payments, logistical coordination of project-related activities and events, and maintaining relevant project-related files.
- Monitor, draft, and submit program/projects funder reports that indicate progress and impact with guidance from program director.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to project coordinators, administrative assistants, interns, and/or technical consultants.
Data Management and Evaluation
- Support and implement standardized data collection systems to be used by program sites in collaboration with the Data and Impact Manager, Health.
- Lead online technical assistance and professional development through a learning management system for participating sites.
- Provide guidance and data collection support to Affiliates to strengthen program model, deliverables, and outcomes, including compliance with memoranda of understanding of contracts.
- Monitor program implementation and collect accountability and evaluation reports from participating sites.
- Support the overall data and fiscal management of Health programs and/or initiatives, as assigned.
- Contribute to the collection of lessons learned within both the work with Affiliates and the Health component, including data capture, analysis, interpretation, and application for other programs within the Health component.
- Support in creating and improving processes and systems as it relates to program oversight and grant management.
Public Information and Communications
- Prepare written internal and external reports, updates, materials, and other necessary communications on relevant public health information.
- Support dissemination of evidence-based and culturally relevant programs information, announcements, digital materials, and tools.
- Work with the UnidosUS media and information technology support staff to help create and manage information on the UnidosUS website and social media outlets.
- Represent UnidosUS and the Health team in professional settings and via media opportunities.
- Communicate and collaborate with UnidosUS staff and relevant staff in headquarters and field offices.
- Perform other relevant duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Master’s degree in Public Health required.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of relevant progressive experience in health or social services preferred.
- Expertise and practical experience in public health theory and application, especially in community health, the community health worker (promotor de salud) model, and curriculum/program development.
- Demonstrated experience in local, state, and/or national public and population health and health care delivery systems and policies, particularly with Latino and other multicultural health perspectives.
- Experience working with relevant sectors, including community-based/non-profits, research institutions, federal/state agencies, community health centers, and the corporate sector.
- Robust understanding and commitment to improving opportunities for Latino community and commitment to social justice.
- Experience with proposal development.
- Steadfast commitment to UnidosUS mission, vision, and values of Excellence, Accountability, Respeto.
- Commitment to U.S. Latino community, Latino non-profit organizations, and the Latino market.
- Demonstrated experience working in non-profits, community-based organizations, and diverse communities.
- Ability to work as a team member and team leader and function effectively under pressure.
- Demonstrated management of multiple projects.
- Strong ability to develop work plans, set deadlines, work with minimal supervision, manage multiple projects and duties simultaneously, and prioritize among assignments.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills and attention to detail; organized, and a quick learner.
- Strong oral communication, writing and reading skills in English and Spanish and demonstrated ability to make clear and effective presentations.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Well-developed writing skills and ability to synthesize information from different sources and present it in a variety of written formats and styles for various audiences (e.g., activity and progress reports, manuals, articles, communications, and fact sheets).
- High degree of initiative and ability to work without constant supervision.
- Flexible regarding scheduled work hours and assignments, including ability to travel as necessary post-pandemic.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite more specifically, Office 365, communication software, and use of the internet.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills a plus.
Employment with UnidosUS is contingent upon successful completion of a background screen.
Please note: Only those applicants who submit a cover letter and résumé will be considered for this opportunity.
SEND COVER LETTER and RÉSUMÉ TO:
Subject Line: Senior Program Manager, Health
Attn: Director, Health Programs
No phone calls please!
Employment with UnidosUS is contingent upon successful completion of a background screen.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, personal appearance, family responsibilities, political affiliation, or enrollment in a college, university, technical school, or adult education.